LEARN TO SKATE WITH CANADA’S FLAGSHIP CANSKATE PROGRAM
Celebrating Skate Canada’s enhanced CANSKATE program, Grandview Skating Club offers expert coaching and more hands on instruction.
FALL SESSION: SEPTEMBER 16 – DECEMBER 18, 2017
CANSKATE is Skate Canada’s flagship learn-to-skate program, designed for beginners of all ages. When you sign up for CANSKATE you will be in a program that focuses on fun, participation and basic skill development. You will earn badges and other incentives when you learn fundamental skating skills that align with hockey, ringette, speed skating and figure skating. The result is a dynamic new program that prepares all skaters for virtually every ice sport.
Lessons are given in a group format and led by a NCCP certified professional coaches.The coach to student ratio is a maximum of 1:10. Professional coaches are assisted by trained Program Assistants and many of Grandview Skating Club’s experienced STARSkate and competitive skaters volunteer as Program Assistants with our CANSKATE program.
Action, movement and fun! Skaters progress at their own rate and coaches make sessions active using teaching aids, music and a wide variety of activities that create a fun environment and promote learning. CANSKATE is the feeder program to all other Skate Canada Skating Programs.
A complete series of balance, control and agility skills taught in six stages of learning that pertain to hockey, ringette, speed skating and figure skating as well as general recreational skating. CANSKATE uses nationally-tested and proven curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee skater success in developing stronger basic skills and developing them faster.
If a skater wishes to advance to private or semi-private lessons, the skater’s family should contact our head coach to make arrangements with the club coach for private or semi-private lessons.
Why Sign Up For CANSKATE?
CANSKATE is Canada’s only national learn-to-skate program. It was developed by experts to teach the fundamentals of skating in a progressive and sequential manner.
Some of the best skaters in the world learned to skate with CanSkate including Olympic figure skaters, Olympic speed skaters, men’s and women’s Olympic hockey players and NHL players.
When you/your child registers for a CANSKATE program at your local Skate Canada club, you also become a member of Skate Canada, the national sport governing body for figure skating in Canada. Membership benefits in the CANSKATE program can include:
- Become part of the skating family and a national recognized association with a strong history and an outstanding national and international reputation.
- Access to Skate Canada’s expertly developed and professional delivered programs and incentive materials
- badges, ribbons and incentive prizes
- parent information sheets
- progress updates and report cards
- opportunity for accelerated advancement when exceptional skill level is recognized by coaches
- Opportunity to take part in special CANSKATE events and club functions
- CANSKATER Of The Year award program
- Opportunities to be recognized through a nationally standardized testing system for achieving specific figure skating skills.
- Opportunity to participate in a positive healthy lifestyle activity!
- Please note: Skate and helmet rentals are no longer available.
All skaters must provide their own equipment!