- How do I get a Tax receipt?
Follow these instructions for printing out your Child’s Fitness Tax Credit receipt.
- Go to the Skate Canada website: www.skatecanada.ca
- Click on “Members Only” at the top of the screen
- Log in User ID – this is your Skate Canada number (as shown on your Skate Canada membership card)
- Password – this is the skater’s last name
- Click “Log On”
- Proceed to Main Menu (on the left side of the screen under the Skate Canada Logo)
- Go to Personal Profile -» Child Tax Credit Receipt
- Click on “Child Tax Credit Receipt”
- Select desired receipt and press “Print”
- Skate Canada Membership Number? How do I get it?
After you first registered with our club, in about two to four weeks, you would have been given a Skate Canada membership card. This card contains your membership number. If you have lost your card, contact the registrar via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have your membership number you can go to the Skate Canada Website http://www.skatecanada.ca and follow the instructions below to print out your membership card.
- Go to the Members Only Site
- Enter your Skate Canada Number and password as instructed
- On the next screen, scroll down to the bottom and click on CONTINUE
- Click on PERSONAL PROFILE
- Select PRINT MEMBERSHIP CARD
- Can I register after the sessions have started?
Yes, you can register after the sessions have started if the session you would like is not full. We will prorate from the first day you begin your lessons and under the following guidelines:
- Canskate – begins at the half-way mark of the session
- Starskate – begins after 3 weeks from start of the session. Buy on rates are applicable once only 5 weeks or less are left in session.
- Why do we have to pay a Skate Canada Membership fee?
Membership fee is paid once a year (September – August). Your fee includes a mandatory insurance premium, which is submitted on your behalf to an Insurance Plan, as outlined by Skate Canada. All skaters must pay the required national SC fee of $32.65 per year. The national membership offers you many benefits, and guarantees you ongoing quality assurance and adherence to high standards in Skate Canada Programs offered at this member club.
- An accident insurance benefit at a substantially lower cost to the members than that available in other sports
- Access to high quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified, NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who have been trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- National registry of figure skating qualifications (tests) and results (for qualifying events) held in a central computerized system for easy access.
- Test certificates and Award of Merits for tests passed.
- How do I register my child for private lessons?
Skaters must have passed level 4 in canskate or equivalent skating skills. ( Canskaters wishing to progress faster are recommended to take more canskate classes per week.) Please consult your request for private lesson availability with the club’s head coach OR contact club communications@ <email@example.com>.
- My child does not want to skate any more. What is your refund policy?
Refunds will not be issued after 1st week of lessons unless accompanied by a valid Medical Certificate.
- Medical reasons (a valid medical certifate or doctor’s note is required).
- Only written requests will be considered for refund.
- All refunds will be pro-rated.
- An administration fee of $25.00 will apply