Skate Canada Membership Number? How do I get it?
After you first registered with our club, you will automatically be assigned a unique number from Skate Canada. This number will be required to register for competitions and assessment days – please contact the Grandview SC registrar via email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy.
Can I register after the sessions have started?
Yes, you can register after the sessions have started if the session you would like is not full. We will prorate from the first day you begin your lessons and under the following guidelines:
- Canskate – until 4wks prior to end of session
- Canpower – until 4wks prior to end of session
- Starskate – please email club with inquires.
Why do we have to pay a Skate Canada Membership fee?
Annual Membership fee is paid once a year (September – August). Your fee includes a mandatory insurance premium, which is submitted on your behalf to an Insurance Plan, as outlined by Skate Canada. All skaters must pay the required national SC fee of $43.65 per year. The national annual membership offers you many benefits, and guarantees you ongoing quality assurance and adherence to high standards in Skate Canada Programs offered at this member club. This fee is non-refundable.
- An accident insurance benefit at a substantially lower cost to the members than that available in other sports
- Access to high quality programs that are recognized and often sought after internationally and by other national sport organizations.
- Access to qualified, NCCP certified Skate Canada professional coaches who have been trained through high quality training programs developed by Skate Canada.
- National registry of figure skating qualifications (assessments) and results (for qualifying events) held in a central computerized system for easy access.
- Assessment certificates and Award of Merits for assessments passed.
My child does not want to skate any more. What is your refund policy?
Refunds will not be issued after 1st week of lessons unless accompanied by a valid Medical Certificate.
- Medical reasons (a valid medical certificate or doctor’s note is required).
- Only written requests by email to email@example.com will be considered for refund.
- All refunds will be pro-rated.
- An administration fee of $25.00 will apply
- Your Annual Skate Canada fee is non-refundable
- Credit may be applied to future registration fees at the discretion of the board and an administration fee of $25.00 may be applied.