1. General Information
Registration is on-going for all programs. Fees will be pro-rated for late applications. We will pro-rate from the first day that you begin your lessons and under the following guidelines: Canskate and CanPowerskate– begins at the half-way mark of the session; Starskate – begins after 3 weeks from start of the session. Buy on rates are applicable once only 5 weeks or less are left in session.
Please read our Club Policies Section for details on payment options and other requirements and/or restrictions which may apply.
Looking for ways to reduce costs?
Invite your friends & family to register for one of our Programs.
A $5.00 discount to anyone who brings a new member to join the club.
Why choose Grandview Skating Club For CanSkate Lessons?
Our coaches are all nationally certified and with the help of trained program assistants we are able to provide more hands on instruction. Our mission has always been to make skating fun and affordable for the community.
2. How to Register
- Register for CanPower, CanSkate, STAR1 and STAR 2-4 Online at GSC ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Register for STAR 5 – Gold programs by downloading a Registration form from Forms
- All online payments must be paid at the time of registration with a VISA or Mastercard. Skaters will not be allowed on the ice if payment has not been received. For Star 5 – Gold, payment by cash or cheques only, due first day of classes. All cheques should be made payable to Grandview Skating Club. There will be a $35.00 charge for NSF cheques.
- When you are registering for CanSkate and STAR programs you will have to fill out one Volunteer Bond Form per family, also downloadable from Forms. See Volunteering for information on the Volunteer Bond. Provide a postdated cheque (August 31, 2020) along with the volunteer bond. Cheques will be returned if volunteer hour(s) is completed for the year
- For STAR 5 – Gold programs submit your Forms and payment by one of the following means::
- Mail the form and payment to the following address : Grandview Skating Club/Registration 3360 Victoria Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5N 4M4
- Drop off at the Trout Lake Community Centre reception desk. Please put forms and payment in an envelope marked Grandview Skating Club. TLCC can not confirm registration. Please use contact information on the web site for any enquiries.
- In person at Trout Lake rink during GSC registration times
- Registration is confirmed upon receipt by the registrar unless you are notified otherwise.
- Note: All skaters must be registered prior to stepping on the ice. If you bring your registration and payment on the first day – there may be a delay before we are able to have your child start skating.
3. Skate Canada Membership Fee
An Annual Skate Canada Membership Fee is included on the Registration Forms. This fee is valid from September 1st to August 31st . To be able to skate on a Skate Canada’s member club ice, every skater needs to have a valid Skate Canada Membership.
Breakdown of $35.65 fee: Skate Canada fee = $35.00, Insurance Premium = $0.65
4. Can’t Make A Class?
You must notify your coach at least 24 hours in advance should your skater need to cancel a lesson. If 24-hour notice is not met, the lesson will be forfeited and you will be charged for the missed lesson.
If 24-hour cancellation notification is provided, our coaches will schedule a make-up class within the current skating year (please note that due to a full roster, it may take a few weeks to schedule the make-up classes).