We are proud to acknowledge Jolene as a true “Grandview” skater. She has been with Grandview for over 20 years both as a student and now as our Director of Starskate and Canskate. Jolene is ISPC Level 2 certified and has over 8 years of professional coaching experience, as well as over 10 years of volunteer coaching experience. She is currently First AID / CPR certified.
- Level 2 (ISPC) certified, partial level 3
- Completed Gold Skills, Partial Diamond Dance, Gold Interpretive, Gold Freeskate Elements, Sr Silver Freeskate Program
- NCCP CANPower Certified
- Competed in Competitions up to Sectionals & Regionals
- CEP Gold status
- Currently Canskate Coordinator at GSC
- Awarded Program Assistant of the year by Skate Canada, and through the GSC, along with bursary for involvement in the Canskate Program
- Prepared, created, and executed the 2012 New Canskate Program for GSC
- Involved in numerous Ice Shows, Hip Hop, Synchronized Skating & Off-Ice Training Programs
- Prepared and executed Ice shows and Demo days along with cutting music, and choreographing programs
- Choreographs, and cuts music for competitive, startskate, adult and interpretive programs.
- Off ice instructor for Junior Development and Senior star skaters
- Produced and led various off/on ice seminars and clinics
- Produces & Leads Program Assistant Training
- Also involved in Juvenile Pair Skating
- Dance partner for Males Prelim-Gold Dance
- 3 years experience coaching hockey skills/powerskate
- 1 year experience working with Vancouver Minor Hockey
- Currently working with Canada Ice Dance Theatre as a choreographer
- Professional photographer. Donates her services for all club photos and also edits and produces the clubs annual ice show dvd.
- Community volunteer outside the club
I have always been a very proud member of the Grandview Skating Club and along with wanting the skaters to do well, I intend to show the skating community that our club can, and will succeed in anything we believe in. I am very involved with helping the skaters find their own personal passion in the sport. Whether it be Figure Skating, Hockey, Speed skating, or even Recreational Skating, I believe every skater can accomplish whatever they set their minds to. I also believe in setting a good example, bringing a positive, but hard working attitude to the club, and of course, a little bit of fun. Every skater is different, every skater is amazing and brave and each of our skaters inspires me to better myself as a coach every day. I feel very lucky to work with such wonderful kids and adults here at Grandview!
Availability:Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
Jolene can be contacted at: email@example.com