Level 2 (ISPC) certified, partial level 3
NCCP CANPower Certified
CEP Gold status
First AID / CPR certified.
I have always been a very proud member of the Grandview Skating club. This club has been my home, and my family, since a very young age and I will always find value in what I have gained here. It has been an incredible journey watching our club grow from a STARSkate group of 12 struggling to stay afloat, to over 50 members in STAR programming alone! Being a part of this development has been a huge part of my motivation and drive to continue to make changes and continue to keep Grandview a special, and fun, place to learn and grow.
I hope to pass on the experience and memories to our skaters for years to come while keeping a supportive and inclusive atmosphere for everyone involved. Our skaters inspire me to be a better coach every time I step onto the ice and see their hard work and positive attitudes.
“Figure Skaters are brave, resilient, and passionate about their progress on and off the ice which creates a wonderful atmosphere for our team of coaches to be a part of. I feel lucky to be able to work with such wonderful skaters here at Grandview!”
- Completed Gold Skills, Partial Diamond Dance, Gold Interpretive, Gold Freeskate Elements, Sr Silver Freeskate Program. Also involved in Juvenile Pair Skating
- Competed in Competitions up to Sectionals & Regionals
- Awarded Program Assistant of the year by Skate Canada, and through the GSC, along with a bursary for involvement in the Canskate Program
- Currently a BC Region Coach Representative
- Prepared, created, and executed the 2012 New Canskate Program for GSC
- Involved in numerous Hip Hop, Synchronized Skating & Off-Ice Training Programs
- Prepared numerous ice shows from beginning to end including theme, soundtrack, choreography, costumes, and set.
- Choreography, and professional music cutting for competitive, Startskate, adult and interpretive programs.
- Off-ice instructor for Star 1, Junior, Intermediate, and Senior STARSkate
- Produced and led various seminars on and off the ice
- Develops & Leads Program Assistant Training
- 10 years of experience coaching hockey skills/powerskate
- Experience working with Vancouver Minor Hockey
- Completes Professional development through Skate Canada and the BC Section more than once per year
- Professional photographer. Donates her services for all club photos and edits and produces the club’s annual ice show DVD.
- Community volunteer outside the club
Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
Jolene can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org