- Ph.D in Sports Science
- NCCP Level 3 – Singles, Ice Dance
- NCCP Level 2 – Pairs
- Former National and International competitor
- Over 30 years’ combined coaching experience in Canada (Saskatchewan, Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia) and Russia
- Coached members of Russian National Junior Figure Skating Team
- Worked with Russian World and Olympic Ice Dance Champions
- Coached Estonian National Senior Ice Dance Champions, International competitors and Bronze medal winners (2006 ISU Pavel Roman Memorial, Czech Republic)
- Coached Canadian National competitors in Senior, Junior and Pre-Novice Ice Dance (2001-2013)
- Coached Sectionals (British Columbia, Saskatchewan), Divisionals (Skate Canada Challenge) and National competitors in Singles (Pre-Novice, Novice, Junior)
- Coached Sectionals (British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Northern Ontario, Quebec) and Skate Canada Challenge competitors and medal winners in Ice Dance (Juvenile, Pre-Novice, Novice, Junior, Senior)
- Coached BC Coast Championships and Pacific STARSkate Championships Gold Medal winners in Ice Dance
- Coached skaters who successfully auditioned for and worked in professional figure skating shows in Europe and North America
- Had students who passed Gold tests in Freeskate and Skills, Diamond tests in Dance
- Has many years’ experience in choreographing figure skating programs for freeskate, ice dance and pair skating
- Designs, plans and conducts off-ice conditioning programs for figure skaters.
I have always believed that coaching young people is a huge responsibility; not only are you teaching them the technical aspects of your sport, but you can also make a positive impact on their lives by teaching them important life skills, such as understanding the importance of health and fitness, evoking their interest in life-long participation in skating, perseverance, discipline, sportsmanship and many more.
I see my role, as a coach, in helping skaters achieve individual goals: for Canskaters – learn to skate, for STARSkaters and competitive skaters – passing their tests and perform to the best of their abilities at skating competitions.
And when I coach my students I always remember that skaters of all ages learn best when they are engaged, challenged, motivated and having fun!
Igor can be contacted at: email@example.com